converting a 304 to 4 bbl

my next project on little Scout  (1980 Scout II,with retrofitted 304) is
converting the 2bbl stock carb to something better.

As things stand I already have starting trouble , seems the carb will need
some work. the motor is very tight though..

So I was thinking about replacing the intake manifold with the proper unit(
who makes it, Edelbrock?)  and changing the carb to a 4 bbl (so I can burn
even more gas)..  I am curious if anyone has done such an operation to a
304 and what parts did you use?  (which manifold do I need to get?, which
carb?)  any gotchas?

thanks again..

Oh btw I finished my floorboard restoration. What finally worked was to
scrape the rust down as much as possible, wash the metal with Marine Clean,
etch it with Zinc Phosphate, One good coat of silver POR15, followed by
auto undercoating, then  I riveted some 16 Ga steel (which I also prepared
with POR15), tow coats POR15 black and then a coat of Chassis Coat Black to
prevent UV fading (like it matters, I plan to cover it with a rug).. the
result is pretty much a new floor.   (I used the floorboard kit I order
from http://www.por15.com  , just remember to wear a respirator)

Vinnie Moscaritolo
http://www.vmeng.com/vinnie/
Fingerprint: 3F903472C3AF622D5D918D9BD8B100090B3EF042

Those who hammer their swords into plows,
will plow for those who don't."