re: Master Cylinder

>Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 10:17:47 -0700
>From: "Abrusci, Mike (NM75)" <mike.abrusci@domain.elided>
>Subject: master cylinder
>
>I have done rear disc brakes and am having problems with the feel of the
>pedal. I have bled the brakes (2 quarts), adjusted the rear e-brake, all
new
>calipers, pads and rotors, per Warn I pulled the spring and plunger out of
>the back of the master cylinder. The pedal feels like it goes down too far.
>It seems to stop ok but feels a little spongy. The pedal does not go down
>with continues pressure like a bad master cylinder.
>
>Could this still be air in the line?
>Does disc brakes need positive pressure out of the master cylinder?
>Do I need a disc - disc master cylinder?
>Do Internationals usually have nice hard pedals?
>
>Thanks, Mike

Mike,
Sounds like a bad master cylinder to me.
I used the TSM kit and didn't have any problems.
Apart from having to add an adjustable propositioning valve to keep the rear
brakes from looking up to quickly.  The pedal feels fine.

Good luck,

Jeff Bade
Chicago, IL
1980 Scout ][, 304, TF727, D300, 3" Body lift, 4" Spring lift,
33x12.5xr15 tires, 4 wheel disk, SS][ converted
http://members.xoom.com/ScoutII