Re: alternator confusion

I recently had the exact same problem happening to my 76 Scout II, 345 V-8.  I
had a wire coming from the alternator 2-prong connector that had shorted out
by rubbing on the air pump manifold on the passenger side.  The green wire had
shorted out to the point that it had literally fried itself all the way to the
starter.  I also found out that the connectors on the fire wall needed to be
cleaned, and squeezed to fit a #16 drill bit to get a good firewall
connection.  At the same time I purchased a new, corrrect grounding strap from
a local parts house and installed it.  All this cleared my charging problems
up prettty nicely. Hope this helps some.

Braxton Tolbert
76 Scout II
345 V-8  3-speed
4:09 Dana 44's