High output alternator kit

Matt,
I got the 105 kit from JCW and installed it. Based on what I learned later,
it was working OK, but it made me nervous to have to have revved the engine
up to somewhere near 2800 RPM before the alternator would engage and start
making "juice." The Bosch book that several of us have been reading explains
this and if you are going to be happy with this phenomenon, the kit will
probably be OK for you.
John Hofstetter