More rotor ranting

----------
>From: owner-ihc-digest@domain.elided (ihc-digest)
>To: ihc-digest@domain.elided
>Subject: ihc-digest V6 #416
>Date: Tue, Dec 29, 1998, 5:15 PM
>

>Hofstetter is the one that told me this was a fairly common occurance
>amongst new rotors. There were built up stresses in the metal which
>"relieved" themselves by it's warping, after the rotor got nice and hot
>during some stop I made. This is what cryogenic processing is supposed to
>help prevent from happening in the first place.
>
>Tom H.

Exactly, but don't forget that first you have the rotors and/or hubs
cryonized (I made that word up, I think) and then you have them machined. In
the same way, Tom, if you have your rotors turned after some of the stresses
have been relieved by the heating, they should be more resistant to furthur
warping.

Excuse me, I need to go relieve my own stresses. Flush.
John Hofstetter