74 IH Pickup 4x4 transmission.. 3 wires connected for??

Hey List,

I'm sure none of you can fathom the fact that I was laying under my
74 IH pickup <grin>!! and I noticed that the transmission has a
connection with 3 prongs.. and the wire harnes that is suppost to
be connected is not.. its hangin down caked with mud.. so it's
obviously not been connected for quite some time (probaly since
'75).. I remember having at torqueflight 727 apart and using a
special tool ( j 900 or something) to get this wire connector out..
but I don't remember what the heck it's for?

Phill
Bowles Avenue Eye Care, Inc.
Littleton Colorado
We treat every pair of eyes as if a PERSON is attached
http://www.denver.net/~plknapp