Slick 50 and electircal problem.

IHers,

I have a Toyota PU with 256K original miles, original engine, NOT
REBUILT.  I get a some engine noise in the morning that I think is
either main bearings or rod knock. The slick 50 and equivalents have
helped reduce the noise. I put it in every 2 or 3000 miles. Plus a quart
of oil every 200 miles. :)  Noise goes away after a few minutes of
warmup.

Has anyone had a problem with roasting their fusible links? I was
messing around with the remote starter and now I can't get more than 5
minutes before the link melts. I abandoned the remote starter, replaced
the alternator (charging appeared to be very erratic and high), replaced
the ignition switch and still, melted the link. I'm gonna try replacing
the starter as I may have damaged the solenoid while trying to get the
remote starter working.  What is the procedure for tracking down a
short? I have an ohm meter.

Ken