SplitFire settles on FTC Charges

If you remember some of the past discussions regarding SplitFire plugs,
you may be interested in the following item I found in the current Old
Cars Weekly.

SplitFire, Inc. has agreed to settle FTC Charges that economy,
efficiency, and improved performance claims for its spark plugs were
false or unsubstantiated.  The agreement to settle the FTC charges will
bar SplitFire from making deceptive claims about fuel economy, emissions,
horsepower, or cost savings.  The company will be barred from
misrepresenting the results of tests, studies or research, and from
misrepresenting testimonials.

SplitFire, Inc., is a Northbrook, Ill. marketeers of premium-priced spark
plugs with v-shaped "split" electrodes.

The FTC alleged SplitFire did not possess and rely upon a reasonable
basis to support the claims, that SplitFire did not have a reasonable
basis to claim that the testimonials used in its ads reflect typical use.

A similar article in the same paper stated:Slick 50 told to tone down
claims--a similar settlement with Slick 50 for similar reasons had also
been reached by the FTC.

Now if we can just get them banned from making those infomercials that
displace important I Love Lucy reruns on late night TV.  :-)

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]