Shocks for stock Scout

Brent Fidler wrote:
> vehicle?  Is installation easy for a neophyte such as me?  Any special
tools
> needed?

Tom Mandera posted:
>I don't have any suggestions on shocks, but yeah, you can do it.  You'll
>need.. lemme see.. 3/4" wrench and socket.. though you may also need
>11/16s.  I believe a 5/8 is in your future too...

>Rear shocks are bolted at the top and bottom with regular bolts... one
>top, one bottom.  Unbolt 'em, remove old shocks, bolt new ones in.
>Front shocks are the same on the bottom, but on the top it's a "stem"
>type - basically a "stud" on the top of the shock.

> I am also in need of brake pads.  Can I get these from the local auto
parts
> store (if so does anyone know a part #) or should I order them from a
Scout
> specialty shop?

>Autoparts store should carry 'em.

>- -Tom

Brent,
Make sure you use lock washers on the back shocks. I lost a couple of 3/4"
bolts from the bottom until I started using lock washers. Judging from one
of his recent posts, I believe that Tom has lost one or two also.

I am currently using the Rancho 9000's and am very satisfied with them.

Yank