Re: I need alternator advice....

Jim Butterfield wrote:

> the alt guage. So what are my options? Isnt there a 70's chevy pickup or
> late model Suburban that has the same housing as 75 345, but has the big
> 100 amp output????

Yep.  Just about any GM 10SI alternator will work... just be sure it has
the 2-prong plug for the regulator and not the 4 prong (anyone know how
to use the 4-pronger?)

In my research over 2 yrs ago, I found up to 95amps in the 2-prong
style, while 115amp w/ the 4.

I think mine is a 93amp unit.. $90? if I remember right.. thought it's
been a while.

Ask for a 10si.  Or, try a 94 Suburban HD alternator.  That'll get you
in the ballpark.

37amp, 60amp, 90amp, and 75amp are all "rough" outputs you can expect to
find.  Stock Scout II was 37amp and 63amp.

-Tom