crawl ratio

I took Bad out on in the Pinelands on Christmas day for a drive in the
snow. This was the first time I drove a manual off road. (I drove Joe
C's Scout, Nina, once, but only for a minute of so). I kinda liked
driving a manual and when I went to 4 low I could really see what all
the talk about 60:1 crawl ratios really means. It is different with an
auto. In low and first gear with my T-18 I could get out and walk ahead
of the truck and wait for it to catch up. I was only driving on a
snow/ice covered trail so I didn't have to do much shifting, so I can't
say anything about that, and I'm not about to give up my Automatic yet,
but; I do wan't to get a T-19 wide to put in Bad now. I can't wait till
we go out next week and I can see how that crawl ratio works on some
sand dunes. (3.73 axle ratio X 2.whatever transfer X 4.whatever first
gear)

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
The