more on electric fuel pump

I plan to swap out my fuel tank this week and figured while I was at it I
would also replace the fuel lines with something better and install an
electric fuelpump too.

I intend to do the following:

 1) braided steel (teflon) fuel lines.

 2) Electric fuel pump (maybe a carter, I would like some feedback on what is
    a reliable but not too noisy pump)

 3) A good fuel filter that I can use to remove water with.

 4) remove the mechanical pump at the engine and block it off with a plate (is
    there anything available or do I make my own)..

SO I would like some advice from anyone who has done this,
 what worked for a fuelpump?
 how did you mount it?
 any suggestions for blocking off the mechanical pump?

thank again..

Vinnie Moscaritolo
http://www.vmeng.com/vinnie/
Fingerprint: 3F903472C3AF622D5D918D9BD8B100090B3EF042

Those who hammer their swords into plows,
will plow for those who don't."