Bad's steering

Digesters,
   Since I've been driving bad I noticed that the steering was quirky to
say the least. When I 'm driving down the road he would pull to one side
of the road, then without warning pull to the other side of the road.
   I attributed this to the fact that there is no rubber left in the
bushings and this caused the weight of the vehicle to shift.
   But, today I pulled the Selectro hubs that were on him off and put on
Ugly's Superwinches. The Selectro's were only on there to keep the water
out of the bearings, they didn't work. Upon removing them I discovered
that the drivers side hub was engaged and the passenger side wasn't.
   When I installed the Superwinches I locked both sides since we have
alot of ice on the roads still and I was heading for the woods to go
play in the snow. With the hubs locked the truck steered great. No pull,
no wander, no shifting left, right.
    Would the fact that only one side hub was locked cause such erratic
steering? The truck was not in four wheel with the Selectroes so the
front axle wasn't being driven. Is the fct that both wheels are locked
account for this? When I unlock the hubs will the steering go back to
what it was?

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
The