RE: Fuel Pumps

Joel,
	The part about the are being longer or shorter really doesn't matter. I've
see tons of fuel pumps the have different arms on them.  They look like they
would never fit but they do.  Manufacturers have improved designs and
obsolete parts to create a universal pump for many applications.  What you
really have to look at is where the arm hits the lobe.  I bet all of them
would work.  When I did my F/P in my 304 I took it out and went back to the
parts store with the one they gave me and the one I took about because of
the arm length...  Stupid me I used to work a parts store when I was a young
kid and new this already.. but I went back just to make sure...  This has
happened on all types of applications but trust me 9 times out of 10 it will
work just fine.  Just double check and look at them a bit more carefully.

Jeff Bade
Chicago, IL
1980 Scout ][, 304, TF727, D300, 3" Body lift, 4" Spring lift,
33x12.5xr15 tires, 4 wheel disk, SS][ converted
http://members.xoom.com/ScoutII

>Tark,
>
>        The fuel pump for a '64 152 is not the same as tither of my >'74/75
IC
>392s, nor is it the same as my 345.  The pump on the 152 goes on the
>drivers'
>side of the engine between cyls 2, and 3, and has an arm reach of about
>half of
>the v8s.  The boss where the pump would go on the front cyl 2 location >on
a v8
>is a blank casting boss.  The mount on the drivers side cyl 2/3 on the >I4
is
>threaded and sometimes the fuel pump has the vacuum diaphragm for the
>wipers.
>Different animals.  Does anyone know if the cams have lobes in the >center
AND