600 HP: Unlimited torque

Reapers:

For those of you with latent desires for "more power":

I'm sitting here looking through the latest issue of "Fleet Equipment"
[which my "city boy" boss reads to prove he is some kind of "truck driving
man" since his title is "Manager of Transit" and he runs a fleet of buses,
but he doesn't even know how to pick up a wrench or drive a bus. Hell, he
never even rides the bus but he is a big supporter of mass transit - but
that is for another time. Can you say, "Limosine liberal?"  :-) ]

In the front of this magazine, is an ad from International for thier Eagle
9900 series truck. The picture of the inside of the cab is so nice,
computer in the bunkhouse and everything, that it makes me want to get out
and run with "white line fever". Anyway, the ad says "with performance
features like 600 horses of available power".

Think about, 600 ponies of IH power. With Mandera's 60:1 crawl ratio, axles
as thick as your arm, you could probably make a beeline over the sierras
without stopping to air down.

Just a thought.

Tom H.