Re: BrakeMC & HeaterFlapper

In a brilliant stroke of genius, alice@domain.elided blurted out:

>Regarding Brake MC's: What is the cost of the new NAPA unit?

Going from my vague memory... I think just under $80.00.

>Lifetime warranty?

I don't think so.  Maybe it varies store to store, but I could have sworn
the told me 90 day warrantee locally.  I could be wrong.

>Regarding the heater air flap: Is this there to close off hot air
>flow during summer?  This flapper valve has always seemed
>ridiculous to me ...I can see an inside/outside air source selection
>thingy ...but how often do you need to fully close the flow off?
>I mean, just how often do you drive through chlorine gas???

Well... how about this scenario...

You heater core gets gunked up or the heater control valve freezes shut and
you have no heat.  Further, you live in Helena, MT and it's -15 outside and
you still need to drive your Scout.  You most definitely would want to be
able to shut off that outside air!!!

Or how about this one...

You're in Death Valley, CA and you're following behind another truck on a
*very* dusty graded road.  Clouds of silty billowing dust belch out and
hang in the air from the truck ahead.  You most definitely would want to be
able to shut off that outside air!!!

Or...

One dark night, you're driving across a lonely stretch of highway in
northern Nevada.  You see bright colorful lights zooming toward the road
ahead of you.  As you screech to a halt, you see a giant alien spacecraft
land in the middle of the road.  Gaseous alien beings emerge from the craft
and swarm around your Scout trying to find an opening into the cab so they
can suck the life force from your body.  You most definitely would want to
be able to shut off that outside air!!!

Nuff said.

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com    |
Conservative Libertarian      |
Life Member of the NRA        |        All the GOOD things in life
WA Arms Collectors            |              are DANGEROUS!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst. |
www.halcyon.com/jlandry/      |