RE: Thermostats

Darrel,
It not like I'm saying you HAVE TO HAVE A THERMOSTAT.
No you can probably run fin without one
Hell.. I ran my 304 without coolant for hours with no apparent damage.
Just saying it won't run optimal.  And besides a family member who is a
engineer for International/Navistar that designs motors yelled at me about
it.  It varies from vehicle to vehicle of course.. and probably even more
important in today's little 4's and 6's that operate at higher Rpm's and are
made of Aluminum.
Anyway all I'm saying is a $5 part to make your engine run at optimal
temperature all the time is better than a $5 beer or two that just goes down
the toilet anyway.

Just a Few Words....

Jeff Bade
Chicago, IL
1980 Scout ][, 304, TF727, D300, 3" Body lift, 4" Spring lift,
33x12.5xr15 tires, 4 wheel disk, SS][ converted
http://members.xoom.com/ScoutII