Thread on fans... revisited...

     IHC'ers,

        That time again, 20deg in good ol' Sunny Tucson.  Well, I
     drove a friend to the airport this morning and then to work, and
     in 40 freaking miles the heat never got hot.  Damn, I forgot
     about the rigid fan that I made for the thread on.  I'm sure you
     all remember.  Anyway, is the Scout fan clutch for a bolt on,
     readily available?  Or do most people opt for the flex fan?

        I have a plan to take an olf thread on fan clutch, AND an old
     water pump (I have my old one), and cut the female threaded
     portion off the clutch.  Now I'll weld a piece of 3/8" or 1/2"
     plate steel to the threaded portion, so that I have a flat to
     work with.  Remove the old threaded assembly from the water pump
     and place in the lathe.  Thread on the female portion, and turn
     down the plate to the diameter of the bolt on fan clutch mount.
     Drill the 4 holes and voila:

     I should then be able to mount a regular 4 blt fan clutch OR a
     flex fan on a previously thread on water pump.  Sound like a
     plan?  The whole rig needs to be measured, but if it works, is
     anyone interested in this?  I could possibly manufacture these in
     quantity if poeple would want them.  What would anybody pay for
     this?

        I needed heat in the truck which is the impetus for this.

     We'll see if I can figure it out.

     -Joel Brodsky
        www.physics.arizona.edu/~jbrodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II Spirit 345/tf727 RE8000, Cibie40s, custom
                rear tire rack, 6 different color body panels.
                Not much sport, all utility.
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727 Hummer brush guard,
                3/4T rear springs, Hella Rallye 2000s, Con-Ferr 5x7,
                Class IV hitches front and rear, 3" Exhaust.
                1st Place, Rocky Mountain IH Rendezvous,
                3rd Place, Tulare IH Western Regionals.
         '74 IHC Travelall 150? 2wd 392/tf727 "The 'new' one"
                Factory AM/FM, Cruise, Tilt, AC, Captains Chairs,
                Rblt: Alt, carb, fuel pump, ps pump, water pump, dash,
                seats, rear door, starter, master cyl, what could be left?