brakes

O.K. brake gurues. On my 4 wheel drum, non-power brakes on my 71 Scout
II I have an interesting situation. I left for work this morning at 5:30
AM and as I pulled out of my driveway, my brake pedal sunk all the way
to the floor before the brakes sort-of grabbed. This was this way all
the way to work. I was to busy/lazy to bother with it at work, and as I
left to come home it was the same as in the morning. BUT, on the drive
home the pedal gradually built back up to 'normal' and was fine by the
time I got home. How did that happen? There was no booster to compensate
for anything. I don't know if there is suficient fluid in the resivior,
but I know that the rear wheel cylinders are old and the rear fluid
hasn't been changed since I've owned it because the bleed screws are
rusted shut and I haven't tried to do anything about that either.
    So, what do you think?

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
The