Starter problem?

>Could the ignition switch fail on only the 'start' position?
>Tomorrow I'll connect the meter to the inside of the bulkhead
>connector and see if it is getting any voltage there.
>Am I missing anything else?  I'd like to really find the problem
>this time, rather than always wondering when it will
>strike again.
>
>Allan Weidenheimer
>72 1210 Pickup

Allan,
Using the start position on the ignition switch may be putting a load of
as much as 30 amps on that component. Why don't you try the Ford
solenoid, using it just as a large relay on the firewall that is
activated by the ignition switch being in the start position. Supply the
S terminal on the Delco from the Ford solenoid. I think you may just be
pulling too many amps through the poor old ignition switch, and/or the
poor old bulkhead connector.
John Hofstetter