Heater Core Removal

There's a thread on the TechTalk about Darrel Kline's 'weak' heater..
which reminded me my heater still isn't burning my toes (recall that I
complained of this last winter w/ the 196 in the truck.. I changed out
the thermostat and the next day the ambient temp jumped 10 or 20 degrees
and I haven't really tested the heater since).. I was reminded that the
heater in my '72 was just NOT blowing heat at all 2 winters ago and then
I had the core flushed and... woah, turn that heater down!

So.. I'm thinking I'll flush the heater core in the '77.. *soon*...

Has anyone yanked their heater recently?  It's currently -17deg outside
and I'm not interested in running out to *look*...

What I *am* contemplating is, after getting home tonight, yanking the
heater core and running it into the house and flushing it in the sink or
tub (I'll figure out a way to get some slightly pressurized water
through it) and then running back outside into the bitter cold and
reinstalling..

*IF* it's a simple process that shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to
do... I've R&R'd the blower motor before and the heat valve n' such.. I
just never looked close enough to see how hard it would be to just yank
the whole thing..

Anyone able to give me a clue?

If I can't just yank it and DIY with very minimal effort, I guess I'm
calling the Radiator shop to make an appointment to have THEM flush
it...

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
-17deg but no snow...