Re: Michael's air leak

John Hofstetter wrote:

> >I am, for now,
> >just plugging this hole and driving to see if things are better.  Does
> >that sound acceptable?
> >Any input on any of these questions would be greatly appreciated!
> >
> >Michael
>
> Michael,
> Some vacuum lines are controlled by valves activated by radiator heat and
> such, and I don't want to go out in the snow and look at my diagram, but
> it certainly seems to me that you could be leaking vacuum at start-up and
> not after it is warmed up, but mind you, I'm only trying to guess. At any
> rate, blocking off the line isn't going to hurt anything, but ultimately
> your Scout should run better at all temperatures if you replace the
> fitting and hook everything back up. I doubt if out-of-California Scouts
> had the system you describe.
> ???????????
> John H.

John-

Thanks for the response.  Between you and Dan I feel good about this
possibly being part of my problem.  I am going out computer shopping in
a minute and will let you know how the brakes feel and also if the
intermittent running problems seem resolved.  Of course, I only
temporarily plugged it-with a screw and some tape-until I can get to a
parts store and get some of those little plugs to stick over the thing.
However, I get the point!  Neither of you need to repeat yourselves
three or six times.  I have ascertained all of the deep inner meanings!
Thanks for your help!  I got it!!!

Michael