Oil Pumps

Hullo Again,

The topic of oil pumps prompted the following question(s):

Is the pick-up tube/screen detachable from the pump itself?  The astute readers
may recall that my '72 T-all 1010 2wd a/t motor is a 345 from a Scout. The Scout
oil pickup will interfere with the my T-all pan.  I must use my T-all pan for
the motor to mount properly. Sooooo... do I need to change the WHOLE pump & p/u
/ screen or JUST the pick-up/screen deal (presuming they're commonly threaded or
whatever).  Can anyone confirm / deny any of this?

(Dan, you may remain seated!  Your response has been recorded off digest. ;-)).

Thanks,

--Pete
"Pardon me...have you seen my alludium Q-36 explosive space modulator?"    -- Marvin the Martian

pferrisATwebzoneDOTnet