Hank Thompson video

  About the video  "Sell Them Chickens" with Hank Thompson and Junior Brown.
Every year Hank comes out to our ranch to go Quail hunting. I always take him
out in a Scout or Travelall and he has lots of good IH stories. In 1996 he
told me he was going to make  a new video for his next album. I told him he
needed to have an IH in the video and he just laughed it off, so I thought.

 The next year, he came down and asked if I was happy becaused I almost killed
3 people. I said WHAT?  Hank said they were filming the video at a ranch in
Waxahachie TX and they had an old IH that had never been off of the farm. He
looked at my travelall and said,"It wasn't like this one bacause the winshield
folded down on the one we used". So I guess it was a Scout 80. He said the top
was off and the window was folded down. They wanted to show it coming down the
road with feathers flying out of the back.
  He said they could never get the feathers to come out like they wanted, so
they  got someone in the back to throw them out. Well, the Scout wasn't big
enough to hide an adult, so they they got 2 kids in the back to throw out
feathers. They kept shooting the scene over and over  but it just wasn't
right. The producer thought it needed to go faster so the driver and the 2
kids tried it again.
  Hank and the other musicians were over taking a break when they heard kids
screaming and saw a driverless Scout 80 going off the road and through the
trees with feathers

 flying out the back. After the trees finally stopped the Scout, everyone ran
over to see the damage. The kids were all right but scared, the driver was
out cold with a knot on his head. After picking up so much speed, the
winshield came up and broke off backwards and knocked out the driver. He was
OK after he came to. They still used the Scout in the video.

 Scott Hajek, Hennessey OK