Help with Pickup Purchase Thoughts

Fellow Digesters,

I need to ask for your guidance. I have found a '68 3/4 ton Crewcab

pickup that I am looking at buying. What I need help with is things that

I should watch for which might make it not a great deal.

It is 1968 Pickup, 345 2bbl, auto, 2wd. Body looks good and straight.

Very little obvious rust. I have not yet seen engine or heard it run.

My initial concerns are around the large 6 bolt lug nut pattern and the

fact that it currently has split rims on it.

Do you have any thoughts on other things I should be concerned about or

look carefully at ? I would also appreciate your thoughts on a fair

price range for the truck.

I am kind of curious about this truck since my wife saw it and seems to

be interested in getting it. This could be a major step.

Please let me know your thoughts quickly. Off line responses are OK.

Thanks, Terry