Dowel pins-warning

Anyone out there tearing an engine down, here is some
advice:
Those hollow dowel pins for aligning the heads, and the
block to the transmission, don't destroy/mutilate them!
I recently just bent some up when I removed them prior
to delivering the 360 AMC block I am working on to the
machine shop.  I didn't ask the machine shop guys about
them, but, I tried to get them at NAPA, and another
hardcore auto parts store, and they knew what I was talking
about, but had no idea where to get them.  I have seen
small block Chevy pins in the Summit and Jeg's catalogs,
but the AMC ones, and probably the IHC ones, are a different
size.  I ended up flattening my rusted and bent originals out,
and re-rolling them around a 1/2" bolt so I could re-use them.

If anyone knows of a good source for these, I'm interested
in hearing about it.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup