Re: split rims

>From: Andru Anderson <andru@domain.elided>
>Subject: Split Rim help!

>Hey folks,

>While looking at where to start on my '56 travelall, I noticed the
split
>rims on the truck.  Any hints on how to unmount/remount the rim
restraint.

>Thanks for the help,
>andru
>'56 IH Travelall and a handful of Land Cruis
Andru,
I cannot remember all the correct steps or which tools you would need
but my *strong* recommendation based on 6 years of dealing with slit
rims on our fleet of school buses.

*Take them to a tire store or truck stop*.

Split rims are a bear to deal with and without a cage to put them in
when airing back up, well to scare you...
decapitation/dimemberment...are two reasons *I* will no longer mess with
them.
Others may disagree.
Be safe and have a happy holiday!
Willy