Re: Split Rim Help

Let all the air out, take a BFH and beat the little metal thing that covers
the split in the ring.  Nothing to scientific about them, but putting them
back on can be scary. There is a reason they have big cages to catch the
flying debris upon re-assembly.
Things to remember about split rims.
Tubes are good.
Slowly refill the air without the core in, (if theres a problem the air has a
little chance to escape).
Be very careful with re-assembly.
If it makes you too nervous, have a tire shop with the right equipment do it,
it is definetely cheaper than the hospital bill for face reconstruction.
I personally don't plan on messing with my own split rim spare.
My $1.02
Brian
Missoula MT