Re: Emission plugs

In a brilliant stroke of genius, Jeff Taylor <jbtaylor@domain.elided> blurted
out:

>I did exactly this recently because I had heard of a need for some special
>plugs for these holes. I got the 8 eight plugs from GUS for $2 each and
>promptly lost one before installing them. I thought "gee, these sure look like
>cup point set screws." I measured one with calipers and a thread gauge and
>guess what, they are, in fact, 1/2"-20 cup point set screws. I went to the
>hardware store and got an _identical_ item for about 45 cents to replace the
>lost one.
>
>Jeff Taylor (who would have been happier not knowing he paid $16 plus shipping
>for 8 set screws)

Jeff!  I owe you one.  This is *exactly* the sort of information I needed.
You saved me probably $15.00.

Happy holidays,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com    |
Conservative Libertarian      |
Life Member of the NRA        |        All the GOOD things in life
WA Arms Collectors            |              are DANGEROUS!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst. |
www.halcyon.com/jlandry/      |