Confirmation of T-18 in Scout 800, and general maintance

	Well It is official as International records show. My 1967 Scout 800 has a
T-18-1b 4 speed with a T-98 shifter plate on it. This shouild indicate that
ots possible to install the t-19 but I am thinking and have been told I
will have to swap the input shaft. This will be great a T-19 with a syncro
in my Scout 800 so I dont have to stop to go into first all the time.

	Also I am looking for a 2bbl manifold and good carb to swap onto the 196
with the 1 bbl currently in use. Plans call fore the installation of the
152/345 head on the 196 with the 2bbl intake and carb to boost power. Any
one dont this??? f it consumes too much gas and required premium all the
time I will most likely swap back, but the ease of installation make it a
fun thing to try.

Tom M do you have the 2bbl manifold and carb that I need for sale or swap???

I just spend $120 on tune up parts and 50/50 mix Power Punch and gear oil
to replace the old stuff. Boy its a pain in the ass to change the Dana 27
front with the factory skid plate installed. Yopu have about an inch or so
to get in there and clean the old goop out. Mine was like a Frosty from
Wendys and grimmy as heck. Boy I feel better now with the fresh stuff in
there. Plans also include the changing of the outer ball knuckle fluid, and
replacing the gaskets on the motor to stop the oil leaks. I am going to try
the Right stuff on the Pushrod cover and valve cover and see if it lives up
to Tom H.'s, John H.'s, and Joel B.'s hype. Then the Pertronics Ignighter
and that should just about do it.

Fleckster

                        John L Fleck
                     1225 N.E. McGee Way
                     Pullman, Wa. 99163
        Washington State University College # 509 332-7565
        E-MAIL  jlfleck@domain.elided
        ICQ # 8536313                 GOD bless you
        Personal Web Site: http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~jlfleck
 WSU   Cougs Rule     WSU    Cougs Rule   WSU   Cougs Rule