Why you should own two Scouts

IH All....

Left for work this morning at 5:30 A.M.  Warmed up the ' 62, jumped in and
started off.  Everything going fine.  About a mile and a half from home the
headlights went out.  WOW!!!!!  Pretty dark out there going 60 mph with no
lights, so I got on the brakes and push / pulled the light switch a couple of
times.  The cab instantly filled up with smoke, (not that it mattered much, I
couldn't see anything anyway.)  Flung the door open and hung my head out just
in time to see a parking lot on the left.  Cut the ignition and coasted into
the lot just as a glowing red 6" piece of wire fell out from under the dash
and set my pants leg on fire.  Well, I got both fires put out and walked back
to the house, got in the ' 63 and went to work.  What a way to start the day!

John Pitzer

1962 Scout 80  1st place Street Stock 1998 Nationals
1963 Scout 80
1979 Traveler