Brakes...No pedal pulsation, but 74IH "pulsates" with braking

Hey List,

I've got a '74 IH 4x4 pickup with disc in front and drum in back...
when I hit the brakes the pickup "pulsates". That is to say it's like
the brakes are being applied and then realeased very quickly... I
get the feeling that it could be the rear drums out of round.. but I've
never had this type of brake symptom before.... I also thought it
could be something crazy with the vaccuum canister for the power
brakes, the pickup had a bad intake valve (bent pushrod) so I
though fixing that would fix the pulsating brakes too... but no such
luck... any ideas?

Phill
Bowles Avenue Eye Care, Inc.
Littleton Colorado
We treat every pair of eyes as if a PERSON is attached
http://www.denver.net/~plknapp