Auto trannies

>Dan,
>
><<   This has given me two conclusions.
>1) IH manual trannies, any of them, are not made to be raced or speed
>shifted.
>2) Auto's are the way to go for a fast street or dirt racer in a Scout.
>   Now I'll duck and wait to for the controversy>>
>
>You'll get no argument from me. I agree totally. I loved  swapping out my
>T-18
>close ratio with the T-19 wide ratio, cuz it ROCKS, when wheeling. But,
>there's about a 3 second wait (at least it seems that way) between gears.
>Frustrates the heck outta me. I think I've almost wasted my T-19 trying to
>speed shift it everyday when I commute.
>
>STeve

The Terra I have was bought by the dealer for his personal vehicle. He,
and I, were a lot younger at the time, and he says that it was equipped
to "go like Hell" It high speed R+P's and the 4 barrel carb and sporty
trim. It also had the auto tranny, because, he said, that was what you
got for semi-racer. His sister told me often as I bought the vehicle that
her brother nearly killed himself a number of times, because it would "go
like Hell." I'm trying to confirm what Dan and Steve have agreed on.

Besides that, I never raced with my 5 speed Travelall.
John H.