Re: Vac advance?

jmbrodsky@domain.elided wrote:

>         Wow, 5 MPG!  Worst I ever got was 7-8 with a 345!  Basically,

:)  I used to average 8-12mpg in town, and 14-15mpg on the highway with
this same V8 in the other (3.73 equipped, not lifted, 31s) Scout.

13mpg on the highway thus far.. and hopefully I'll be in the 8-12mpg
range again in town after I fix these driveability (and vac. leaks)
issues.. then I'll see about going from 13mpg to 14mpg or so..

BUT, the important thing... the 196 netted 12mpg on my road trip this
summer.. and the V8's topping that on the highway..

>         Keep your foot out, and always be the LAST one from the light,
>      and you'll get 14 mpg easy.

Keep my foot out of it??!  LAST one from the light??!!

First, I'm still enjoying my V8...

Second.. there isn't that many lights around here where you get the
chance to be first or last from a light.. usually it's ALL YOU. :-)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT - the land without 4 lane streets