Re: Question for the masses...

jmbrodsky@domain.elided wrote:

>      Kevin,
>
>         What's wrong with the 3 speed Hummer?

Nothing wrong if you don't mind the diesel screaming at you at 65MPH - but if
that's the case, then why complain about the slowness of the Mog?

> Most/all of my 4x's
>      have been 3 speeds.  Too slow on the highway without the OD?

Yes.

>      Isn't it originally equipped with a Turbo 400, non locking
>      tranny?  That's a 1 ton truck tranny.

It's a 1-1/4 ton truck.That's correct! :o) It's just that the 6.2L diesel in
those models (much like all diesels) have a very low red line (needs little
explanation I'm sure) and getting up to highway speeds makes you think you're
going to throw  a rod or something. I've heard a lot of complaints and was
talked out of it myself, that's all.

--
If a man is alone in the woods and no woman is around.... is he still
wrong?

Kevin Curry <>< - Kevin@domain.elided
Lisa Curry <>< - Gonna be a trailblazer yet!
'94 Red Hummer 4DHT Slant-back - "HummuH"
'75 Black International Scout - "Stealth"
'84 White "Lightening" CJ-7
'89 Soon to be whatever color Lisa wants Suburban - "Sluggo"
ICQ# 7653541
http://www.redhummer.net