Re[2]: Tom's Axles Q's...

     Tom,

        No you're not missing anything.  The J10 is a Chevy suspension
     isn't it?  I was under that impression.  Slightly = 4".  Huge is
     the 9" narrower that the Scout axles are.  The factory wheels on
     the Honcho and Gladiator look like they stick way the hell out of
     the fenders, even with 31s, so my guess is that the wheels do the
     rest.  How wide do you want this scout to be?  Why not just cut
     the fenders all the way out and weld a set of bars to hold the
     inner and outer together.  Sounds like you're making a stadium
     truck.  Better yet, put your hi-lift in the bed, and jack the
     walls (with boughs of holly?) No, jack the bed wider so the Big3
     axle with tuck inside still.  Maybe you can make a stadium set of
     fenders for the front, that allow a wider front end to completely
     tuck as well.

        Just as an aside, the springs on the Dodge trucks, seem to be
     the exact same lengths and bolt size for the pickups and
     travelall.  They'd be in my truck now if I didn't find the 3/4T
     IH springs too.  I still have the dodge pack (3/4T w/overloads,
     it's a 12 leaf with a 2.5" block), never put it in, since the
     whole pack would have given my truck about 10+ inches of lift.
     Forget about caster then!

        At least now, the caster is corrected, and the bushings make
     the ride so smooth, others can drive it and enjoy it.  Not like
     the wandering idiot that it was.

        Good luck,

     -Joel Brodsky
        www.physics.arizona.edu/~jbrodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II Spirit 345/tf727 RE8000, Cibie40s, custom
                rear tire rack, 6 different color body panels.
                Not much sport, all utility.
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727 Hummer brush guard,
                3/4T rear springs, Hella Rallye 2000s, Con-Ferr 5x7,
                Class IV hitches front and rear, 3" Exhaust.
                1st Place, Rocky Mountain IH Rendezvous,
                3rd Place, Tulare IH Western Regionals.
         '74 IHC Travelall 150? 2wd 392/tf727 "The 'new' one"
                Factory AM/FM, Cruise, Tilt, AC, Captains Chairs,
                Rblt, Alt, carb, fuel pump, ps pump, water pump, dash,
                seats, rear door, starter, master cyl, what could be left?