Re: Choice of torque converters

Dan,

<<   This has given me two conclusions.
1) IH manual trannies, any of them, are not made to be raced or speed
shifted.
2) Auto's are the way to go for a fast street or dirt racer in a Scout.
   Now I'll duck and wait to for the controversy>>

You'll get no argument from me. I agree totally. I loved  swapping out my T-18
close ratio with the T-19 wide ratio, cuz it ROCKS, when wheeling. But,
there's about a 3 second wait (at least it seems that way) between gears.
Frustrates the heck outta me. I think I've almost wasted my T-19 trying to
speed shift it everyday when I commute.

STeve