Re: Choice of torque converters

>Tom <-- new to this Automagic stuff
 Well, since I'm now driving Bad with a 304, 3,73 gears, and a T-18. I
was driving home from getting ark running again and decided to race a
Chrysler K car at the traffic light. (Actually I was racing the K, I
don't know that the little old lady in the K was racing me.) So, the
lght turned grenn and I mash the peddle in first gear and whine up to 10
MPH, slam shift to 2nd and chirp the tires, whine up to 20 and slam
shift to third and chirp the tires, whine up to 40 MPH and that this
point the K car is right along side of me, neck and neck, so I slam
shift into fourth and hit an astronomical 45 MPH! At this point I
finally pulled away from the K. Now on that same strech of road I've had
Ugly with 3.07's and the auto and I've been upto 60 in the amount of
road it took Bad to hit 45!
   This has given me two conclusions.
1) IH manual trannies, any of them, are not made to be raced or speed
shifted.
2) Auto's are the way to go for a fast street or dirt racer in a Scout.
   Now I'll duck and wait to for the controversy

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
The
"Good" 1979 Scout II  345/auto