poor man's EFI

Hi-

	I just got back from my second off road excursion, and the only place a
jeep went that I didn't was one long steep hill with a lot of loose dirt
at the top.  You needed to be carrying some speed at the top, or your
tires wouldn't be able to bite enough to pull you up and over.  In fact
the jeep that did make it over broke his front driveshaft after landing
the front 2 wheels, so maybe it didn't quite count...
	But anyway my problem is that before getting to the top, the carb
starts to hesitate a bit, probably due to not being all that happy about
the angle its at, so I loose some speed before I get to the top part.
Now I'd really like to get an EFI system, but thats not in the cards in
the immediate future, so I'd like a cheaper solution to the problem.
	I was thinking that the problem is probably due to a lean condition,
does this make sense?  As a solution, I was thinking of making my own
enrichment circuit that doesn't rely on the float bowls to get its
fuel.  What I figured I could do is get a fuel selenoid an nosel from a
nitrous system, and hook them to a switch for "hill mode".  That way
it'd dump extra fuel into the manifold straight from the pump.
	I could control the amount with the little "jets" that you get with
nitrous kits, or if I wanted to be _really_ fancy, I could get an O2
sensor and build (or, rather, have my EE dad design) an analog circuit
to modulate the selenoid based on the mixture.
	So what do you think?  Might it work?  Will I just blow myself up?
Something I should be doing to the carb instead?  Just one of my crazy
ideas...

-Chris
'67 800 w/ 350 V8, and springover...finally getting a workout