Re: You want fast?

Just to make sure we really keep this IH, there is another land speed truck
**a 1947 IHC K-7** named "the Phoenix".  The truck uses a Detroit V-16-92
engine, uses 727 and 747 aircraft tires and weighs 18,000+ pounds.  They
have held the record, but lost it in 1993. I was privileged to work with
the crew this year, since they put the full engine HP (4000) through our
belt drive (driveshaft to rear end).  This year they ran an exit speed of
239 MPH.  Pasted below is the caption to a photo on the Bonneville web page
(www.scta-bni.org).  I have the jpg saved if someone wants to post it.

Jim Shepherd
1986 IHC S1900 being made into a motorhome
1959 BC150 in need of an engine (among other things)

>The Phoenix owned by Carl Heap of Grants Pass, Oregon competed in
Unlimited/ Diesel Truck class against a record set by Endeavor in 1993 at
226.471 mph. The Phoenix topped out at 232.395 mph for the week but no
backup run for a record.