Re: JohnSThanks! ...ButWhatAbout?...

Mark:

My argument for staying IH would be fit, finish and durability. You'll
never get a Chevy 350 to go 300,000 miles, although I've known them to go
200,000 in a truck application. Second, when that Chevy hits 200,000, you
won't be rebuilding but replacing it, used to pull a Scout around as it
was. But, this group will tell you, that IH motor will get it's first
rebuild at 300,000 and be around for another 300,000.

Sound about right folks?

Tom H.

P.S. Don't worry, you're "Chevsnob" freinds will never beleive you that the
IH is tougher and longer lived. You just have to show them. :-) Start with
the gear drive cam. Compare that to their chain drive Chevy that goes about
70,000 miles before replacement on the factory, nylon toothed, original.