Re: Frame Coating

I am in the process of restoring my floor pan and I used the POR-15 stuff.
I got the idea from a friend who is restoring his old corvette (in the most
anal way possible).  He painted his frame with the POR-15 and I really
liked the result.
I swore that on my NEXT scout I will start by tearing it down to the frame
and rebuilding it back and in the process restore the frame that way. (not
to mention the tub)

What he did to prep it was first remove all the gunk (sand blasted) and
then clean again with Marine Clean (or mean green) , then prep the metal
with a zinc-phosphate, then painted (actually brushed on) the POR-15. This
stuff is really hard and wont't ever rust again.

I found it on the web at http://www.por15.com.

good luck

Vinnie Moscaritolo
http://www.vmeng.com/vinnie/
Fingerprint: 3F903472C3AF622D5D918D9BD8B100090B3EF042

Those who hammer their swords into plows,
will plow for those who don't."