EngineQuestion

Here I go again ...dragging you guys and gals off center...

I take interest in recent engine building articles.  I used to have
trouble with a Triumph 1493cc 4 cylinder engine ...spun 3rd
bearing, low oil delivery to inner journal, etc...

Do you believe that there exist engines (this being one of them)
that are poorly designed and thus not worth a rebuild.  This engine
uses a bicycle type chain with crank and cam sprockets, basically
your 50's design pushrod iron lump.  Oddly, they use a sealing ring
at bore top ...plays havoc with block top machining and head gasket
resealing.

I ask this because I have a soft spot for Triumph Spitfires and
one potentially fell into my lap last evening ...I said "Never Again"
... perhaps I should have said "Never Say Never Again".

By the way, what the heck were they talking about when
they coined that James Bond title?

Tangentially yours ...Mark