Re: TF 727

Dan:

Everything from replacing my front doors, painting my house, to building an
engine for my Scout. My father tells me to "forget about it", "buy a new
one" or, "pay a pro to do it". Funny thing is, my father was the original
'do-it-yourselfer' (except for cars) that taught and inspired me to do for
myself. Funny what age does to you.

It's just that now, he is a lot older, lazier and wealthier. So, he plays
golf and pays someone else to do everything. He doesn't remember how he
used his two weeks vacation to paint our house because he wasn't paying
anyone $600 to do it. (Now, they pay $2,000!)

Playing golf and hiring a gardner, just doesn't attract me. Like you, I
love the experience and feeling of accomplishment I derive from such
projects. And, I can't make enough to afford all those "pros" - not if I
want to save something for retirement so I can afford them then, should I
take up golf. :-) I'd rather do it myself or not at all. Maybe I would feel
different if I were 68, or if I had a million dollar net worth, I just
don't know.

Tom H.