Re: 4cyl to 8cyl swap almost completed!!!

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998 HBT96@domain.elided wrote:

> Well I finally did it after months of swearing and promising ole Betsy she now
> has a 345 heart transplanted in her chest.  It was really simple to do just
> time consuming doing it by myself with the occasional "wifely" help.  The Guys

Congratulations!  Dropping the other half of that 4cyl in there sure
helps, don't it?  When I put my 304 into my Scout, I had an old 25"
glasspack lying around that I just clamped to the end of the head-pipe
off the manifold.. nothing sweeter than the sound of that V8
purring/rumbling for the first time..

Hmm.. nothing like the feel of power steering fluid sprayed all over ya
when the hose bursts.. ;-)

> exhaust on to be legal.  I do need some help on the Petronix Kit that I
> bought, I am currently running points but will soon change it over and am
> wondering how well this kit works?  Anybody had any problems with it or maybe
> some hints to help it along.  Any information will be greatly apreciated.

I recently installed a Pertronix on the '72 304V8 in my '77.. piece o'
cake.  Just push the O w/ magnets onto the distributor shaft, tighten
down the other half where the points used to be, hook up two wires, and
you're set.

Couldn't be easier.

-Tom