torqueflight 727

Howdy all,

Please excuse my complete lack of knowledge i.e the very basic
questions, but I guess we were all grasshoppers at one time.

To the question.  The transmission on my 73 Scout is bad.  I was
calling different places getting quotes for a torqueflight 727 and
some of the guys asked what size engine I have (it's a 345) and some
did not.

I am sure there is a connection, but what exactly is it?

Thank-you for putting up with my novice question (and please remember
this in the answer).

Laura