Re: My GF doesn't think Michael's Scout is ugly

Dent8@domain.elided wrote:

> Well we went and visited Mike Shaw at his place of work, and yes he really
> does breathe fire.  Thanks for the beverages.  Well his Scout was parked
> outside, and the woman thought it was very cute and did not understand his
> professed need for a new body on it.  OK, maybe she is not the most detail
> oriented person, so I didn't bother pointing out the custom Ace Hardware top
> holders sheet metal screwed to the side, or the plexiglass tailgate wedged
> into to rear, (no duct tape?).  But she thinks you have a fine vehicle there
> and is looking forward to Tulare.
> Dennis Millward
> 63 C1200 4x4

Dennis-

How dare you!!!  Now Dan Nees will be sure that "UGLY" has me beat!!!
Actually, when Tom H. came by and saw my Scout for the first time, his
reaction was similar.  He said, "Oh, this isn't that bad!"  Then he got
inside!  The floorboards bend from weight, the entire inside of the
back/bed has rusted away and been replaced by some sheet metal that is
pop-riveted and duct-taped in place, the cat has gone to the bathroom in
it, the front floor boards have old license plates stuck in the holes to
"simulate" a floor, and the body mounts and springs are so beaten down,
it rides like a turn of the century maneuer-spreader!  I am actually not
too disappointed with its exterior appearance, but if you get inside the
thing, it gets uglier!  I left the top sitting in the back yard two
summers ago, and when the rain started, I popped it back on, thinking I
would take it off and reclean it when the sun came back out.  That was
our famous rainy season when it truly rained for forty straight days,
and something like 58 of 70 days last year.  By then, I was used to it.
Never got to take it off this year-it wasn't running-so it still hasn't
been cleaned.  There is mud/pine needled, etc. stuck to every nook and
cranny of the inside!
Oh well.  It was great to see you Dennis, and your female friend was
very attractive!  Must be something about IH's!  I've only met two
digesters with their "others" but we seem to do all right on that basis.
Tom H. and Dennis both have girls that spin your head!!!  Makes me
wonder what my problem is!  I have three IH's right now, and can't even
get a girl to slap me!!!

Alas, woe is me!!!

Michael