Re:Valve seats and crapy running 196

John Fleck wrote:
>.  . . . . . . . . . . . . .  . . . . is running like it has an air leak
or water in
the gas. I pressure washed the truck to get all the mud out of the crevices
and think that since when I am filling the gas tanks as they approach full
they spill out from inside the fender well (a breather of some kind??) I am
wondering in my washing if I blasted some water in there. I have filled the
tank and added gas dryer to see if thats it. It just started after washing
i so I think it is but?????<

John,

  The 800's have a rubber vent tube glued onto the big rubber hose that
connects your filler neck to the actual tank.  I accidently knocked one of
my
vent tubes loose when de-mudding with a high pressure hose.  Until I found
the
 problem, my in-line gas filter kept plugging with dirt.   Once that vent
tube
breaks loose water, dirt, and all sorts of stuff get into your tank.  I
suspect
your vent may have broken loose if you're spilling lots of gas at the
service station.

  Rubber cement and 2 hours will fix it.

Doug, BTDT