Re: Manuals & Fools

In a brilliant stroke of genius, William Cunningham <slypigs@domain.elided>
blurted out:
>I have a practice of leaving the service manual sitting on the seat of
>vehicles that need the attention of a real mechanic i.e. not me. I am
>pleased when I find their greasy finger prints on the page dealing with
>the job I wanted done.

Lord help them if they try to find something in a hurry in the IH shop
manual (and they're unfamiliar with it).  I've been reading mine for
what... two years now... and I'm still finding new stuff in it and
forgetting where I saw something else.  I still can't find the torque value
for the transfer-case-to-automatic-transmission-extension-housing bolts!
Someday I'm sure I'll accidently notice it... and I better have a pencil
handy, because I'll never see it again. <grin>

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com    |
Conservative Libertarian      |
Life Member of the NRA        |        All the GOOD things in life
WA Arms Collectors            |              are DANGEROUS!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst. |
www.halcyon.com/jlandry/      |