Re: Porting and relieving

Bob Brooks wrote:
>You can use whatever removes the material.  You would want to use grinding
wheels and points for the smoothing out, and polishing. <

Bob,

  Don't some racers contend that a rough surface on the intake ports
creates a
beneficial turbulence in the fuel mixture?   I was looking at some very
high dollar
aluminum heads for a racing motor (BB Chev) that still had fairly coarse
cutter
marks left from the cnc machining.  The manufacturer contended they got
more output
with rough intakes than with polished.  Personally, I'd have assumed
polished would
be better.

Doug